Sunday, April 13, 2008

I wonder what the other reasons are …


We’ve got another contender in the Blogging Tory stupidfest, boys and girls, and he looks like a winner. If, you know, by winner, I actually mean your garden variety, BT drooling wingnut. Behold Danté of Uncommon Truths:

This Was Before He Created AIDS In His Secret Laboratory

"In 1978, former Republican Gov. Ronald Reagan came out against a ballot initiative that would have made it illegal for gay men and lesbians to work as teachers in California public schools."

Yet another reason why Reagan's face should be on Mount Rushmore.

Don’t you just love that whole passive-aggressive, saying so much without saying much at all thing he’s got going on? Me too!

Have the courage of your convictions, Danté, and just let loose. I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine with the rest of the Kewl Kidzzz ... especially KKKate and the Ass Monkey.

These people make me so very tired.

10 comments:

Red Tory said...

I'm not quite sure what he's getting at here. That Reagan should be immortalized on Mt. Rushmore because he came out against a discriminatory ballot initiative? What does that have to do with the fact that Schwarzenegger is opposed to gay marriage? Confusing...

LuLu said...

There's no rhyme or reason to it ... and it's not like Reagan was a champion of gay rights. One can argue that he increased funding for AIDS research during his two terms in office but he kept his policies very much in line with the Conservative right.

And the argument is ridiculous since the alleged "AIDS epidemic" began during his presidency so exactly how much funding was there before he was president? I'm thinking ... none?

Dr.Dawg said...

Are you people deliberately trying to confuse me? Too many negatives, or what? Sheesh, I was already feeling grumpy today.

1) Ah=nold is opposed to banning gay marriage. At least that's what the linked headline says.

2) Our blogger is expressing admiration for Reagan for having opposed a homophobic ballot initiative.

I can't figger out his headline, mind you. A gay conspirazoid?

Anyway, happy Spring to you. It's -2 today.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

Dawg, I think Danté is confused. If not, then I am.

The Seer said...

I'm an American, so I can say this with relative impunity.

The mistake they made when they brought Newfoundland into the Confederation is that they neglected to consider that Newfoundland isn't even on the same planet as Canada. This leads to all kinds of failures of communication, of which this is only the latest example.

The Seer said...

Seriously, folks, even Sheena has never been to fornicating Newfoundland. And she's been everywhere on this planet.

Ti-Guy said...

I've been to Newfoundland. But I've never been, y'know...to me.

Red Tory said...

Well, I guess we'll never know. Dante has moved on to other posts, but won't provide any clarification. What a jerk.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Whoa, Ti-guy wins the thread

Luna said...

the alleged "AIDS epidemic"

Whoa whoa whoa. The alleged AIDS epidemic?! Are you implying that AIDS isn't an epidemic?