Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ah, so that was humour, was it, Matthew?


And as hard as it may be to believe, it turns out that The Politic's Matthew's tearful, heart-wrenching farewell to the Idiot-sphere yesterday was, in fact, a prank:

ORLY Update: As some had guessed, the post above was my contribution to April Fools! Day, although I have to confess that I was touched when reading all the nice comments left for me and I truly appreciate the kindness that others have shown me here; in fact, I kinda feel like a fool myself now because of the sincerity that I received after writing a prank post. I hope that everyone who truly thought that I was a goner can share my actions in jest and if I have truly offended you, please know that it was not my intention to do so! Regards- Matthew

A couple commenters did warn me that this might be the case, but I didn't suspect that even someone as terminally thick as Matthew would use his scientific illiteracy, his weaselly cowardice, his infantile petulance and his astonishingly poor judgment in libelling a sitting politician as the basis for a few cheap laughs.

Mercifully, Matthew appears to be at least a little sheepish about playing his readership for saps and sympathy, then hollering "Gotcha!" after it was all over. But I'm guessing that embarrassment won't last long and Matthew will be back at it, being a scientific dumbfuck and dragging his blog back into legal grief in short order.

Welcome back, Matthew -- I'm betting Patsy Ross is relieved that he can always point at someone that's even more of a repulsive little turd than he is. I mean, it's never much fun being the defining extreme at that end of the bell curve, is it?

2 comments:

LuLu said...

Oh for fuck's sake ... look who shows up at comment #3:

Joanne (TB) wrote:
I won’t hide the fact that I’m disappointed, Matthew! If CC’s plan is to annihilate the Blogging Tories one at a time, then perhaps he/she is winning the war.

However, you’re right that blogging can become addictive and overshadow the more important aspects of life - especially relationships.

I think we can all take a lesson here.
Posted on 01-Apr-08 at 6:03 am | Permalink


Geez CC, our insidious plan to take down the BTs one at a time has been found out! Now what?

Paladiea said...

Now it's time to bring in the big guns ;)