Monday, April 07, 2008

Adam, reality. Reality, Adam.


Blogging Tory and fashion plate Adam Daifallah hasn't given up on conservatism yet. In fact, he's all over David Frum's recent tilt to the left but, not surprisingly, given time, things go badly haywire (emphasis added):

Another surprise is Frum's enthusiasm for a carbon tax to wean America off its dependence on oil and to force expansion of nuclear energy production. As someone who has advocated a Canadian conservative co-opting of the environmental issue, I find this strategy makes obvious sense. Environmental issues cut across the partisan divide, and much as in health care, the American right is presently offering no innovative policies.

Good thinking, Adam. If I were you, I'd put that environmental proposal on the table before your BT colleagues; I'm betting you'd find a receptive audience.

By all means, let us know how that turns out.

2 comments:

Red Tory said...

Funny, but all of the things he mentions Frum advocating (and that he apparently agrees with) sound an awful lot like positions of the Liberal Party to me.

Ti-Guy said...

As someone who has advocated a Canadian conservative co-opting of the environmental issue.

Do we know that he has in fact advocated this? It could be true (although the Greens basically have a lock on the market economics of environmentalism), I wouldn't know.

I went to read his review of Frum's thing and then I realised that dumb-on-dumb will probably not be very informative or insightful.

So I picked my nose instead.