Friday, March 21, 2008

The worst and the stupidest: Denyse O'Leary edition.


Canadian ID whackjob Denyse O'Leary does enjoy philosophizing about how academia is so gosh-darned prejudiced against scientific illiteracy:

By the way, academic freedom is under severe attack in many forums, not just the study of design in the universe. Go to The Fire to find out the rights you no longer have on many campuses. You can see Indoctrinate U on line, which gives you the idea.

Yes, yes, yes ... and now, the mirth-making irony:

I went to attend a screening of the creationist propaganda movie, Expelled, a few minutes ago. Well, I tried … but I was Expelled! It was kind of weird — I was standing in line, hadn't even gotten to the point where I had to sign in and show ID, and a policeman pulled me out of line and told me I could not go in. I asked why, of course, and he said that a producer of the film had specifically instructed him that I was not to be allowed to attend. The officer also told me that if I tried to go in, I would be arrested. I assured him that I wasn't going to cause any trouble.

Yes, Denyse, why don't you tell us all about academic intolerance? Hang on a minute first, let me get comfortable.

Canada's Denyse O'Leary: Your one-stop shop for stupid, 24/7.

YOUR BONUS STUPID: It was only last month that amazingly stupid Denyse O'Leary wrote:

Will the Expelled film be ignored by its friends as well as its foes?

So if Expelled's foes ignore that putrescence of a movie, well, I'm betting that means they're just too cowardly to face up to the truth. On the other hand, if they do take the time to go see it, they'll be turned away at the door and threatened with arrest.

Any intellectual inconsistency you can spot there, Deynse? No? I didn't think so.

God, but she's stupid. Did I mention that Denyse is hideously stupid? I did? Good. Because she's really stupid.

3 comments:

Red Tory said...

LOL! Great punchline on that Myers' article. I won't give it away and ruin it for anyone else, but that's too funny for words.

LuLu said...

But, but, but ... they won't let us teach our super-happy God-based fairy tale in Science class! That makes us soooooooo much more persecuted than them.

Ti-Guy said...

I'll most definitely be seeing Expelled the first chance I get (though I'm going to try very hard to do it in a way that won't see these people getting any of my money). This propaganda campaign against biological evolution is fascinating and I want to have a front row seat to examine it.

It's actually become uninteresting to look specifically at people like Denyse O'Leary to guess at the psychology that underlies her beliefs/irrationality, but it's important to be reminded of what exactly underpins this mystifying propaganda campaign. In that respect, this article from Reason, Origin of the Specious: Why do neoconservatives doubt Darwin? is a useful summary.

It's interesting that Denyse O'Leary, aside from being a really bad Catholic, is exhibiting just about the worst intellectual conformity I can think of by going along with this ruse and repeating the exact same tropes, over and over again.