Monday, March 17, 2008

Like that’s gonna happen.


Right after the leprechaun leads me to his pot’o’gold at the end of the rainbow, of course. Hilarious.

Ireland's leaders urged the country today to honour its "most famous immigrant" - and avoid drinking too much alcohol - as an estimated half a million revellers lined the sunny streets of Dublin for St. Patrick's Day.

Dubliners and tourists gathered five-deep on the sidewalks of central Dublin for the parade, the centrepiece of Ireland's five-day St. Patrick's Festival.

Police have vowed to launch their biggest-ever crackdown on rowdiness and drunken driving, which typically follow the day's parading in Dublin and a half-dozen smaller Irish cities.

P.S. I'm Irish, too.


10 comments:

admin said...

Hmmmm. A new generation of Irishmen "oozing with confidence"... Imagine that.

Joe said...

Why am I remembering the St. Patrick's Day episode of the Simpsons?

KENT BROCKMAN: Drunkeness, violence and destruction of property. Is that really what we expect from the Irish?

E in MD said...

Irish, Scot, German and Polish here.

We drink, we fart, we fuck and we fight. Not necessarily in that order. =)

Frank Frink said...

Almost completely French-Canadian but one of my great-grandmothers was Newfoundland Irish. Which probably means I drink with both hands, fight with my feet and kiss cod on the lips.

LuLu said...

Irish on my mother's side, Italian on my father's ... which means that I can probably out-drink and out-argue most people.

And I'm sure you'll all be very surprised to hear that it also means I have a very extroverted nature. Shocking, isn't it?

Lindsay Stewart said...

scottish, irish, english. apparently a miserly drunk but imperially failed too!

KEvron said...

scot, irish (mom) & scots-irish, english, dutch, german, french and cherokee (dad). dad's side of the family has been here a while....

KEvron

JJ said...

100% straight-up uncut Irish. (My great-grandfather ran a bar in Dublin.)

But everyone's Irish on St. Paddy's...

liberal supporter said...

Oh no, Patrick is going to go off on another of his cross gender rants. He's sure to think you're a guy now. "Uncut"?

JJ said...

LS - Hahahahaha! I thought of that right after I hit the publish button. Oops!