Sunday, January 13, 2008

With friends like that …


In his epic saga of Ezra vs. the Eeeevil Human Rights Commission, the following tasty morsel can be found in better-than-Ezra’s fawning comments filled with drooling sycophants who adoooore Ezra for his principled and noble stand against the intrusive state and, by extension, teh Muslims!!1!1!!!1!! Fair warning - if you’re going to read the entire thread, you will actually feel your IQ start to drop when you get to A.W. encouraging better-than-Ezra to act more like Martin Luther King. Christ Jesus ... but I digress.

Ezra,
I am proud to call you my friend. I am prouder to see that you are a friend of freedom.
Well done! Well done!

Craig Chandler | Homepage | 01.13.08 - 1:10 am

Yes, this Craig Chandler whose website declares “Democracy Denied” with the “Full and Continuing Story” – no doubt of one man’s dream to make Canada a better place for his lovely wife, precious children and cute dog. He even provides a picture of said wife, children and dog so we can all go “Awwwwwww” and hopefully forget his not-so-inspiring view that "God sees murder as equal to homosexuality" or his comparison of gay activists to "the new Nazis" who are out to silence Christians.

Wow Ezra, that’s some exceptional company you keep. As my grandmother is so fond of saying “Show me your friends and I’ll show you who you are.”

5 comments:

Balbulican said...

It gets better. Lots better. Several Ezraphile sites are creaming their jeans because Ezra has won the endorsement of a group calling itself "Muslims Against Sharia."

That got me curious.

http://www.stageleft.info/2008/01/13/meet-ezras-new-non-muslim-muslim-friends/

Ti-Guy said...

Shove another rib-eye in your piehole, Chandler, you doughy, corn-fed redneck.

“Show me your friends and I’ll show you who you are.”

We had the same grandmother. That wisdom has never failed me.

E in MD said...

“Show me your friends and I’ll show you who you are.”

We had the same grandmother. That wisdom has never failed me.

By Blogger Ti-Guy, at 11:57 AM


What does it show you if you have no friends?

Ti-Guy said...

Either you don't need them, or you're not very sociable.

counter-coulter said...

Speaking of Ezra, Glenn Greenwald has a post about Hate Speech law that metnions Ezra. My favorite quote:

Ezra Levant is a right-wing Canadian neoconservative who publishes Western Standard, a typical warmongering, pro-Likud journal -- a poor man's Weekly Standard for Canadian neocons.

As you can tell, Greenwald is hardly a fan of Ezra's, but he does make some very salient points about the pernicious nature of such laws.