Monday, January 14, 2008

That's enough.


Thanks to CC's post below, I decided to take a stroll through the ProWoman ProLife ProThink-just-like-me blog. And look what I found under "The Plan":

The blog will encompass a broad array of views, all of them pro-life, in response to the news. Pro-lifers hold their own nuanced views on the abortion debate and come from both the left and right wings of the political spectum [sic].

In the long term, ProWomanProLife aims to develop a nationwide network of mentors, “big sisters,” who can speak confidently to their views on why abortion is not a woman’s right, and help other women to understand the same.

Are you fucking kidding me? If abortion is not a "woman's right" then who exactly does this right belong to? Animals? Plants? Inanimate objects? Or how about nobody? I'm thinking this is really the answer they want. Because one should never, ever doubt that this is their ultimate goal - they disagree with abortion so no one should be allowed access to one.

I'm pro-choice, always have been, always will be and I make no apologies for my views. But, unlike these extremists, I don't shove my views on others. Guess what? If you don't agree with abortion, your options are pretty simple - don't have one. Because last time I checked, they were optional.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

3 comments:

KEvron said...

"last time I checked, they were optional."

not if we libs have our say....

KEvron

LuLu said...

Free gay abortions for everyone!

GroovyJ said...

I think that not only should women be able to choose to abort, but absolutely anyone should be able to make that decision on their behalf. I mean, it hardly seems fair that only one choice can be imposed on people against their will.