Tuesday, January 22, 2008

God is my co-pilot.


The things you find when you use Teh Google ... another day, another jewel dripping from the lips of the Huckster. Wow. I think I just grossed myself out. Anyhoo, on to the fun.

During a speech at Liberty University in late November of last year, the Huckster was asked "what do you attribute this surge (in polls) to?" by a student in the audience. Behold the hilarity of his reply:

"There's only one explanation for it, and it's not a human one," Huckabee says. "It's the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of 5,000 people.

"And that's the only way that our campaign could be doing what it's doing. And I'm not being facetious nor am I trying to be trite.

"There literally are thousands of people across this country who are praying that a little will become much. And it has. And it defies all explanation it has confounded the pundits and I'm enjoying every minute of their trying to figure it out and until they look at it in a" -- here he motions in a God-like heavenly manner -- "just, experience beyond human, they'll never figure it out. That's honestly why it's happening."

I really can't stress enough just how much I love this guy. Via ABC News.

Now how did I miss this? Apparently, The Seer pointed this out already back here.

But I thought God would provide? I guess the whole “loaves and fishes” routine doesn't apply to money. From today’s New York Times:

A chronic lack of campaign money may finally be catching up to Mike Huckabee.

After a disappointing loss to Senator John McCain in the South Carolina primary — in a state his campaign considered among the most favorable in the country for his evangelical-populist message- Mr. Huckabee has cancelled press buses or charter flights to conserve his cash. (News organizations reimburse the campaigns, but the arrangements can tie up cash and may not cover all costs if too few journalists ride.)

He has also scaled back his campaign appearances in Florida, the next Republican primary battleground and another state that his campaign once considered critical. And it will not buy any commercials there.

5 comments:

The Seer said...

I petulantly, but humbly, request you view http://canadiancynic.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-dumb-is-too-dumb.html

Red Tory said...

Talk about planted questions... Yeah, I've seen the Huckster dole out this specious holy tripe on numerous occasions. I've just come now to calling it the "loaves and fishes routine"...

Ti-Guy said...

So, at what point did every Fundagelical turn into a Scientologist?

What's worse...the media just can't stop uncritically treating teh crazy as news. I mean, it is news, kind of sort, sort of...but...

*sigh*...A big problem with deeply religious people is that we are expected to treat their nicesness with respect. That only goes so far. Being super-nice always strikes me as a form of aggression.

...but then again, when the super-nice are armed, what choice does ones have?

Jay said...

Read Doonesbury back about 3 weeks ago for a really good entertainment of this comment by Hucky

KEvron said...

"a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of 5,000 people."

fucking welfare state....

KEvron