Saturday, January 05, 2008

The best of the worst.


In the midst of my inaugural post here at CC Central, we got into a discussion about movies that are so catastrophically bad they’re actually good. I mention this only because I’m watching a perfect example right now – The Poseidon Adventure.

Tidal waves, explosions and drownings, oh my! Including what has to be some of the worst effects ever, even for the 70's ... it looks like the underwater scenes were shot in a bathtub with toy boats. But I must admit, those are some pimpalicious wardrobe choices going on.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Not to mention the impossibility of the ship actually doing that kind of aquabatics.

Makes us mariners crazy!

Personally, I liked Titanic much better. Leonardo and whatshername have made commanding a passenger ship so much more exciting.

I particularly love it when two passengers get up on the (very out of bounds) prow and do the "I'm flying!!" thing.

KEvron said...

♪ there's got to be a morning after ♪

yeah, that piece of shit deserved a remake.

KEvron

Ti-Guy said...

♪ there's got to be a morning after ♪

It was a real imposition to expect the audience to suspend their disbelief enough so you could believe Carol Lynley was singing that song. That woman talks off-key.

Chimera said...

Kevron, how did you do those musical note thingies?

Robert McBean. said...

I firmly believe there is an excellent punch line looming, involving the words shelley winters and ballast. I'm working on it...