Saturday, January 05, 2008

And you thought the L.A. riots were bad?


According to the panting, doom-filled prophecies from teh Doughy Pantload, Obama’s win in the Iowa caucuses could lead to the breakdown of society as a whole if he goes on to lose the nomination.

I think it's worth imagining a certain scenario. Imagine the Democrats do rally around Obama. Imagine the media invests as heavily in him as I think we all know they will if he's the nominee -- and then imagine he loses. I seriously think certain segments of American political life will become completely unhinged. I can imagine the fear of this social unraveling actually aiding Obama enormously in 2008.

Great googly-moogly, I wonder which “segments” he could possibly be referring to? It couldn’t be black people, could it? Nah. That would just be dumb.

Poor Jonah. If it wasn't for nepotism and wingnut welfare, his career would probably consist of asking "Do you want fries with that?"

Via Glenn Greenwald.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Barack Obama has said he would use military force if necessary against al-Qaeda in Pakistan even without Pakistan's consent." BBC News

Obama is one of the good guys, I like him.

Ti-Guy said...

Indulging in little GI Joe fantasies, Waynikins?

*creeped out*...

mikmik said...

Imagine the media invests...
then imagine he loses...
I seriously think ...
I can imagine...


I imagine ... famous last words.

How many times do wingnuts have to be wrong? They suck at thought experiments.

The Seer said...

If that's what it takes to keep the goppers out of office, I can deal with it.