Thursday, December 20, 2007

The 2007 Canadian Blog Awards: Fuck 'em and the horse they rode in on.


In a couple earlier posts, I explained why this blog wasn't interested in participating in the 2007 Canadian Blog Awards (CBAs), but if others wanted to play, that was fine with me, good luck and more power to them.

I take that all back.

Now I really am calling for any Canadian blogger with an ounce of integrity to tell the CBA organizers what they can do with their worthless awards show, based on the discussion here, where CBA co-organizer Saskboy gets thoroughly run over by Blogging Tory and stupid cunt SUZANNE Fortin regarding whether there should be a "Best Feminist Blog" category.

Really, SB, you have got to be fucking kidding. It's bad enough that you let a commenter dictate what categories you're going to support, but to get browbeaten by stupid cunt SUZANNE -- who refers to the Status of Women Canada as "SOW"s and portrays them visually on her shithole of a blog as actual barnyard pigs -- you let her dictate the terms of your award categories in terms of feminism? Holy fuck, but you need to grow a pair.

In any event, I think others both here and elsewhere have already adequately described how this year's CBAs aren't worth shit anymore. Understand this, Saskboy: by your capitulation to stupid cunt SUZANNE, you've irreparably damaged this year's CBAs, and I see that you really only have a couple of choices that even remotely resemble trying to salvage something out of this.

Your first choice is to simply bag this year's awards. Seriously, you fucked them up and one obvious solution is to just admit it, trash this set and try again next year, preferably with some co-organizers who won't let you make such a mess of things.

Your other option is to simply hand this year's awards over to Canada's conservatives, and let them go wild and freep the living crap out of them. They can have all the fun they want, and invent whatever categories will amuse their tiny little minds. And, really, those are your only realistic options, since you've managed to screw the pooch so thoroughly on this.

Honestly, if I hadn't read it myself, I would never have believed it.

P.S. Still waiting for you to remove this blog from the nominations section.

P.P.S. Saskboy: If someone's opinion is enough for you to reject an award category, here's my input -- I don't think there should be a "Best Conservative Blog" category, given that there's not a single Canadian, right-wing blog that's worth a sack of weasel crap. I await your elimination of that category with bated breath.

24 comments:

Sparky said...

I second CC's vote of removing 'conservative blogs' from the list--I haven't read one that has helped my fellow citizen--or society in general--one iota.
I was going to get my readers of my blog to nominate and vote for me, but thought that might look foolish to get just 2 votes--me and my mom.

counter-coulter said...

Oh SUZANNE is just too precious for words:

SUZANNE // December 17, 2007 at 6:29 am

I see there is a “sexual/gender” issues blog.

If anti-feminists are eligible for this category, I consider that satisfactory


Shorter SUZANNE: Keep me in the kitchen damnit!

Red Tory said...

Feel free to use this if you want.

Crabgräss said...

That's beautiful, RT.

Ti-Guy said...

Perfect, Red.

SUZANNE!!!!'s an incredibly angry and vindictive person. She's thinks she's hiding it well, but she's no better than Five Feet of Feces; she just has a more 'girlish' sense of propriety.

...gaaah! I can't stand these people.

Heh. My revulsion is becoming so acute it's starting to amuse me.

Saskboy said...

CC, respectfully, get stuffed.

Sincerely,
Saskboy

Fine print: This message was not approved by the Canadian Blog Awards Operators and is my own opinion. For you, who has now written 4 posts about the CBAs just to say that you're not interested and don't respect the work that I'm trying to do with them, it's really rude. So get STUFFED!

Is that showing a big enough "pair" you selfish, hypocritical, sexist drama-whore?

Ti-Guy said...

Saskboy, you're taking this far too personally.

You do have my sympathies, though. This type of volunteeer work is utterly thankless.

Red Tory said...

No good deed goes unpunished, as they say. ;)

Saskboy said...

Ti-guy "you're taking this far too personally."

"this year's CBAs aren't worth shit anymore. Understand this, Saskboy: by your capitulation to stupid cunt SUZANNE, you've irreparably damaged this year's CBAs, and I see that you really only have a couple of choices that even remotely resemble trying to salvage something out of this.

Your first choice is to simply bag this year's awards. Seriously, you fucked them up"

Don't make me tell you where to go too Ti-Guy, I'll do it :-)

Ti-Guy said...

Well, yes that is pretty personal, but remember, this isn't a "Mr Nice Guy" blog.

Anyway, I was sick of the blog awards before all of this started, and frankly, if I were in charge, I'd disqualify anyone who belong to Teh Boggin' Torees...any writing that makes one less enlightened when one is exposed to it is anti-writing, and therefore, anti-blog.

Sheena said...

Yay Saskboy!

Saskboy said...

"but remember, this isn't a "Mr Nice Guy" blog."

By telling CC to get "STUFFED", and calling him out on his other BS, did I not make myself clear that I know what kind of discourse is expected on his blog, and what he's most likely to respond favourably to? That's not a question you need to answer.

"if I were in charge"

How about from this point forward, if I want CC's or your opinion, I'll ask for it. That isn't a question, either.

Ti-Guy said...

Ask for an opinion? This is the blogosphere...unbidden opinions are its raison d'être.

...your blog colours are tacky, by the way.

Saskboy said...

"...your blog colours are tacky, by the way."

If that was a joke, I'd laugh. But I'm concerned you were serious. If that's what passes as a comeback these days, I'm going to fall asleep.

Ti-Guy said...

Woosh!

Saskboy said...

Ti-Guy,
Now you can be my guest, and get STUFFED too.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Saskboy

Ti-Guy said...

Would that you were so direct and candid with all those reactionaries who dumbed down the CBA discussion.

Be grateful I didn't go over there and badger you guys with my thoughts on the awards.

Cherniak_WTF said...

Saskboy, can you be more unfunny?
With your sense of humor, you are a perfect candidate for the boring tories....

Has for your blog colour, a orange to light blue gradiant? Are you color blind on top of being an idiot who takes his craptatular awards so seriously?

Drama-whore? Have you read any of the blogging tories? Pickle-up-my-butt Fortin is the reason why I think abortion should be legal until the age of 18...

Now why don't you fuck off and go fellate yourself...

Frank Frink said...

Ti-Guy beat me to it.

Would that you were so direct and candid with all those reactionaries who dumbed down the CBA discussion.

pretty shaved ape said...

poor sask is losing his cool. seems the discussion pages have disappeared from the cba site. and just as a note sask, if you're still lurking, you decided to lose your shit on cc and you've ignored my contribution to the field of you boobs shot yourselves in the feet. that hurts my feelings. perhaps i should take my silly feelings elsewhere while i form a pout and get into a snit. oh wait a second, i'm a tenant here, how bout you take your silly little snit with you while you perform the obligatory fucking off dance.

Saskboy said...

"You do have my sympathies, though. This type of volunteeer work is utterly thankless."
"Be grateful I didn't go over there and badger you guys with my thoughts on the awards."

Are you two faced everyday?

==

"Saskboy, can you be more unfunny?"
I can try, and probably do a better job at it than you too.

==

"poor sask is losing his cool."

I didn't know I had "cool" in the first place. Thanks for once thinking so though.

Red Tory said...

Saskboy — I see you deleted my comment over at the Awards site re SoCon or Bust. That wasn't meant to be malicious. I just thought that Leonard had thrown in the towel a while back (i.e., had gone "bust"). Seems odd you'd censor that out.

Whatever. I made a suggestion on one of these awards-related threads about the polling. If Freeping is a concern, why don't you set it up using Polldaddy and limit the votes to one per machine.

Cherniak_WTF said...

why don't you set it up using Polldaddy and limit the votes to one per machine.
-----------------------
Given that we can easily fake machines, I don't think it's a good solution Red. I could run a script and have JoJourney will in every category...

Having this based on popularity instead of merit is a recipe for hilarity...

Saskboy said...

"Seems odd you'd censor that out. "

Why? The rules are quite clear - no chatter in the nomination threads. If you have a problem - email us.