Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I can't hear you over the dick in your mouth, Steve.


Oh, Lord ... this is taking slavish, lapdog obedience to depressing new lows. From the Toronto Star:

Meanwhile, the Conservative government likes to give itself nicknames and in the speech, Harper told why "Canada's New Government" now wants to be known as the North Star.

He explained the celestial moniker suits the new Conservative mission because it suggests charting a direction for the future.

Do I really need to point out Steve Janke's new blog logo?

Blogging Tory Steve Janke: When Stephen Harper says "Jump," Steve says, "Mmmmmmmmpphh???"

8 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

That choad lives in Cambridge, doesn't he?

Yeah...really far north.

Joe said...

My Shakespeare's a bit rusty, but I seem to recall Julius Caesar said he was "constant as the northern star" a few seconds before they stabbed him in the Senate (Julius Caesar, III.i.60).

Dean P said...

And North Star, as Scott Brison pointed out, is a gay comic book hero. Which is pretty rich.

Ti-Guy said...

There's something so ungodly and secular (and therefore eeevil) about North Star. Maybe Harper's going full-metal nazi and like Hitler, is appropriating paganism to serve his political purposes.

...and as crazy as that sounds, I'm sure I could go over to teh Bloggin' Torees and find something even loopier.

Raphael Alexander said...

Good God CC, you are crude.

CC said...

Me?? Dude, I'm not the one with Steve Harper's boner between my lips.

Try to keep some perspective.

Dr.Dawg said...

North Star = Norsefire?

Mmmm. I'm probably just paranoid.

--V.

Kyle Lahnakoski said...

So does "North Star" refer to the 51st state?