Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Expelled: The dumbassitude.


If you haven't been paying attention lately, you might have missed neo-con twit Ben Stein's latest project: "Expelled", a glorious hommage to wingnut conspiracy theories in which Stein "documents" (and I use the word "documents" in its loosest and most dishonest sense) the vast liberal conspiracy against Intelligent Design.

The best part of that entire farce is where Stein invites alleged discrimination cases to write in and tell their story of sad-making persecution and, really, you have to think that the filmmakers are starting to regret this, because a more pathetic collection of airheads, wanks and losers, you're unlikely ever to find.

It's almost impossible to do any of those submissions justice in terms of their sheer crackpottedness. Or immaturity. Or howling irrelevance. Yes, one can only imagine the filmmakers poring laboriously over all of those submissions, thinking, "Jesus, you have got to be kidding me. These people are all nuts!"

My only fear is that, in a fit of lucidity, those movie makers might decide to disappear that entire set of pages. That would be unfortunate since, at the moment, I can't think of a better place to go for evidence of the sheer idiocy of ID. I'm just grateful they did all the work for me.

1 comment:

E in MD said...

Now I haven't seen this movie so I am reluctant to comment on its content. I assume it will be a bunch of people whining about how the evil godless secularist atheists heathens who are all going to hell won't let the righteous, good, well meaning, rightful owners of America, Christians force their religion into every aspect of public life because it is their god given right above everyone else.

But because I haven't seen the movie I can't really comment or down it.

Shame though... I used to like him when he was on that game show with Jimmy Kimmel. Sad to see he's gone the wingnut way of Kirk Cameron and is now pimping Alaskan Salmon as though there'd never been an oil spill that Exxon refuses to pay for and there is an endless supply just patiently waiting for us to eat.

Sorry Ben, Matthew 6:6 and until you and Kirk can Mark 16:17-18, then shut the hell up.