Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Those GOP family values.


The TBoggy sordid details:

[Republican] Louisiana Sen. David Vitter apologized Monday for his telephone number showing up on the old phone records of Pamela Martin and Associates, the alleged prostitution ring run in the nation's capital by Deborah Jeane Palfrey.

My favourite part:

"Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there --with God and them."

You know, you'd think that if God took the time to put Vitter's mind at ease after the fact, he might have bothered to show up before this whole thing started -- to nip it in the bud, so to speak:

"Um, Dave? Are you sure you want to be doing this? I mean, there's a reason I gave you those Ten Commandments? You remember the Ten Commandments, right? I didn't just do that for the intellectual exercise, you know."

God: When it's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than to be told "No!" right up front.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Sen. Vitter, what are your thoughts on the Second Coming?

Ti-Guy said...

Someone should really coin the phrase "Score like a conservative!"

Man, all the shagging they do. Day in and day out, humping anything that moves or stays still long enough to be humped....it's astonishing.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

"You know, you'd think that if God took the time to put Vitter's mind at ease after the fact, he might have bothered to show up before this whole thing started"

I seems that with Republicans in particular, God pops by beforehand and asks, "you sure you've got enough rope there?"

The Seer said...

What I can't understand is why you think Rudy Guiliana would be embarrassed just because his Lousiana chair hooked up with a hooker?

Ti-Guy said...

Because it became known. It's certainly not the depraved act itself that shames the conservatives...it's when others find out.

All that fornication and adultery...tut, tut...tut.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

Yeah, getting caught is just so very... Clinton.