Friday, June 01, 2007

Apparently, Dr. Roy doesn't follow the news.


The Blogging Tories' Dr. Roy is all about the children:

This is very sad

Apparently more than 10 % of men won't volunteer to help children because they are afraid of being considered a pedophile. The radical feminists want people to believe all men are rapists and child abusers. their campaign has been successful. It is really sad that the fear of being labelled a pedophile can now prevent many men from volunteering with children. Unlike the views of radical feminists many fatherless children need positive male role models. We need to encourage men to volunteer to help mentor young boys...

And while the good doctor lays the blame squarely at the feet of all those "radical feminists," curiously, he makes no mention whatsoever of Catholics. Or Republicans.

Go figure.

3 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

I think this is a subject Dr. Roy would do well to avoid.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

No kidding. I wonder if Dr. Roy actually knows any women, much less "radical feminists".

I myself hadn't realized that radical feminists had successfully convinced everyone that all men are rapists and pedophiles. It goes a long way toward explaining all the dirty looks I've been getting.

Ti-Guy said...

Judging from the women I know, it's the conservative stay-at-home suburban wives who are hysterical about child abuse, although I think it has a lot to do with raising families in bleak, empty suburban wastelands where children spend a lot of time without adult supervision. That's the condition that is most conducive to abuse by a stranger.

Of course, most children are abused by relatives and acquaintances of the parents, however.

So, Dr. Roy's thesis about radical feminist sounds grasping to say the least. I wonder why he's bothered to make such a tortured argument? I'd ask him myself, but he would never allow such a comment through moderation.