Wednesday, May 02, 2007

With friends like this, who needs enemas?


And over at Garth Turner's blog (from which your humble scribe is getting a link from waaaaay down in the comments section), we learn that there may be some hope for Canada's conservatives yet, as Garth receives a copy of an anonymous missive that was allegedly sent to Prime Minister Mary Kay Eyeliner:

Dear Mr. Harper:

You don’t know me, but I am a long-time supporter of yours. My admiration stretches back to the time when you were a principled young MP with the Reform Party in the 1990s. I noticed you because you seemed smarter than the rest of the rabble. You always seemed slightly put off by the rhetorical and partisan excesses of politics. I thought, more than once, that one day you would make a fine prime minister.

Well, here it is, 2007 and you are prime minister. And from all indications, you have a pretty tight rein on the job and you say you’re enjoying yourself.

Yeah, yeah, let's get on with it, I'm starting to nod off here.

But I have to tell you something: your supporters are embarrassing you. It’s so bad, Stephen, that I no longer tell people I’m one of your fans, for fear of being associated with that bunch.

Ah, here we go ... the good stuff:

First, the Tory bloggers, or blogging Tories, as they officially group themselves on the world wide web. Seriously – have you looked at the hateful spite spewing out of these internet sites? It’s like graffiti you’d find in the washroom of a home for angry old men. They hate everyone. They loathe any woman on television. They detest people who live in cities, perhaps even anyone with indoor plumbing. They scream at anyone who doesn’t think like they do. Do yourself a favour, Mr. Harper: never look at the Small Dead Animals site. Stephen King should be suing these folks for plagiarism. They talk like the evil townsfolk in his horror novels.

Well, hush my puppies. The Blogging Tories a bunch of hateful shrews? Well, I never. Although, I'm sure if you read some of them carefully, you might get that impression. You know, like here (as I've pointed out a couple times before)

Not to minimize the egregious wrongs committed by the Afghan police/military against their own countrymen in their own country -- but why are we supposed to care?

Or from further down that post in the comments section:

Just before reading this I watched a video on yahoo of a 12 year old taliban boy sawing the head off a taliban man who was accused of something or other.

These creatures may look human but they are not. They are lost to humanity. They should be given no consideration whatsoever. We shouldn't even be capturing them. They all should be shot on sight. All of them. Every single one. Until the plague of their existence is completely extinguished.

I'm not sure how you could top that last submission, but I'm guessing that The Politic's Aaron Unruh's good-natured dismissal of female genital mutilation might come close, or perhaps Kathy Shaidle's idea of a Toronto Saturday night good time, but that's just my opinion.

I'm thinking we'll be coming back to this later today, so all you Garthoids might want to pop back later. I'll try to be entertaining, in a Blogging Tory shrieking, spittle-flecked hatefest kind of way.

BY THE WAY
, I just now noticed that Aaron has quietly altered that page where he made fun of female genital mutilation. If memory serves, that post of his was particularly offensive since he tagged it as humour, a suggestion corroborated by commenter 3 there, who writes:

I guess Aaron thinks that female gender mulitation is funny, or at the very least “Amusing”.

And yet, if you look closely at the current version of that post, there is no such tag, suggesting that poor Aaron took such abuse that he carefully went in when no one was looking and deleted the tag so as to not look like the misogynstic misogynistic whackjob that we've all come to know and love.

I'm kinds busy at the moment, but if anyone wants to hunt down an old copy of that page to prove my point, I'd be ever so grateful.

BUSTED. Commenter "M@" gives us this web page, where you can see that, yes indeed, Spanky has been cropping bits of that post to make him seem less like, well, Spanky.




Note that, in addition to removing the embarrassing tag of "Amusing," Spanky's deleted the snotty opening of, "I swear that this is from some UN charter or something:".

Is this detective work exciting or what? By God, I feel like Steve Janke, but without the unseemly obsession with Cindy Sheehan's private parts.

3 comments:

M@ said...

Haven't been able to locate a copy of the page, but there have been some other modifications to the post. Whereas now the post is merely an asterisk linking to the "hilarious" content and the quote, originally the preamble to the hilarity was:

I swear that this is from some UN charter or something:

Check out the "Other reading" part of the Right Truth post here.

Somena Woman said...

Once again the much vaunted ---'integrity of the link' making-blogs -like -Stupid- Braindead- Asshats- a more- credible- news- source- than- mainstream- media -- Theory" is shot to hell.... Damn You Aaron Unhrhuuu.....!

Why it seems like only a year or so ago that the Snogging Bories were having conniption fits and calling for the smelling salts because Buckets of Grewal decided to delete a non Grewal related post from his Grewal blog.

Ah... good times.

Scotian said...

I left a comment early in that thread at Turner's where I brought up the Canada's Lowest Common Denominatrix descriptor for the proprietor of SDA. So hopefully its exposure is widening. I am so grateful to PSA for coming up with that one.