Saturday, May 12, 2007

Be still my heart...


Well folks, sometimes I think that we on the left might be a little harsh in assessing the likes of Dick Cheney. I know, I know, there's more than plenty of evidence that suggests that the Vice President of the United States of America is an amoral slaughter pimping, greed merchant. Sure he blasted his "friend" in the face with buckshot and poured untold billions into the pockets of his pals, but hey, his friend is a lawyer and his pals are helping to fight terror with tainted food and water for the troops he supports. Maybe ol' Dick is just misunderstood. So, in an effort to reach out across the ideological divide, I suggest we make a gesture of friendship. Everybody loves music, right? I'm sure if we took up a collection we could scrape together enough dough to buy one of those shiny iPod devices for Mr. Cheney. We could load it up with the kinds of tunes he might like, Taps for instance.

3 comments:

M@ said...

Yeah, or the Ballad of the Green Berets. And the Last Post.

Maybe a Neil Young song or two?

chris said...

I had this on 8-track in my '69 Dodge. "War pig" has been a part of my vocabulary ever since. This one even has pictures.
Play it loud, Dick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GRR_n_yQGA

Lindsay Stewart said...

hmm, seems haloscan is buggered...testing