Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sometimes, too good to be true is just that.


Over at TGB, Dave reproduces a withering craigslist post from an alleged recent widow thanks to Operation "Make Yourselves Comfortable, You're Not Leaving Any Time Soon," with tasty excerpts such as:

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse shit? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that fucking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

You fuckers and that god-damn lying sack of shit they call a president are the reason my husband will never see his baby and my kid will never meet his dad.

Yes, it's powerful stuff, but there's some definite controversy over whether it's legit. If I were you, I'd hold off on quoting that story any further until there's more verification. That is, let's not jump to shrieking conclusions. You know ... like this.

No comments: