Wednesday, October 11, 2006

OK, I'll give them credit for THAT.


Yes, it's time to give the Conservative Party of Canada at least a little credit, based on this:

[TUCKER] CARLSON: It goes deeper than that though. The deep truth is that the elites in the Republican Party have pure contempt for the evangelicals who put their party in power. Everybody in ...

[CHRIS] MATTHEWS: How do you know that? How do you know that?

CARLSON: Because I know them. Because I grew up with them. Because I live with them. they live on my street. Because I live in Washington, and I know that everybody in our world has contempt for the evangelicals. And the evangelicals know that, and they're beginning to learn that their own leaders sort of look askance at them and don't share their values.

MATTHEWS: So this gay marriage issue and other issues related to the gay lifestyle are simply tools to get elected?

CARLSON: That's exactly right. It's pandering to the base in the most cynical way, and the base is beginning to figure it out.

And there's the actual difference between our governing wankers and their governing wankers: While superficially-pious Republicans have nothing but contempt for their evangelical base, the CPoC really does share their supporters' fundamental, religious beliefs.

The Conservative Party of Canada: Yes, they really are that batshit fucking crazy.

No comments: