Sunday, October 01, 2006

The logical disconnect is absolutely fascinating.


Perhaps the most entertaining thing to take away from the current Mark Foley teen sex solicitation scandal is the gaping canyon between the words of the far Right, and their actions. Billmon sets the table here:


Six-term Republican Rep. Mark Foley of Florida . . . chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children, said he would resign immediately after ABC News reported he sent messages to current and former congressional pages with repeated references to sexual organs and acts . . .

Foley was the author of the key sexual predator provisions of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006, which Bush signed in July.

So the congressional point man on sexual predation is -- or rather was -- a sexual predator. Why am I not surprised?

You're not surprised because this is just another example of the nauseating hypocrisy of the Far Right in so many delicious ways:

And, really, do I even need to get into the current Conservative Party of Canada, who ran on a platform of integrity, openness and accountability, and promptly morphed into an appalling collection of ignorant, secretive, bullying hacks? I didn't think so.

And if I was feeling mean, I'd make a final crack about how Canada's wankers use the word "openness" in amusing and somewhat atypical ways. But that would be cruel. So I won't.

4 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

As much as I've read about this, it seems that just about every conservative opinion is "Oh yeah? Clinton commited a sex crime, too!"

What? I don't think adultery is still a crime. The actual impmeachment crime was lying under oath about cheating on his wife. And somehow that has become morally equivalent to pedophilia. That was my point in a an earlier comment. Since they preach that ALL sex is a sin, then all sins are morally equivalent, which is BS. Activities between two consenting adults are a world apart from coercion, harassment, and pedolphillia.

Anonymous said...

Mark Foley is a joke, just as you
are. along with other left wing
wimps. Boy clinton played with
his dick and came on Monica's blue
dress. What the hell is your point

Sterculian Rhetoric said...

Anonymous - clinton never needed to touch his penis. The dextrous filly did the honours. I take it you have never had the experience?
There still is time, don't fret. I'd choose one that doesn't drool as much as Monica though.

CC - Don't you be knocking the Reform Party now. I invested in the Canadian wire coat hanger and knitting needle industries when it became obvious Reform would win the election. I's a rich man now.

miss cellania - "Since they preach that ALL sex is a sin,..."
You mean it's not? Shite, there goes the last of my fun. I do like a bit of the squeaky-swimmy mammal pedolphinilia on occasion. Does this make me a bad person?

Anonymous said...

The CPoC didn't morph upon being elected. Trust me, they were an appalling collection of ignorant, secretive, bullying hacks before then, just that few outside of Alberta had seen it "up close and personal".