Sunday, September 03, 2006

When I grow up , I wanna be just like Doughy Pantload. And not in a good way.


Is it irresponsible to speculate? Not if you can get your readers to do it for you:

An interesting comment about the initial investigation into the murder of Yasmin Ashareh -- but for now, just a rumour, without even an email address for me to use to contact the person. So I'm not given this any credence, though I'm not saying it's not accurate either. Just...interesting. Maybe a reader with more knowledge of the situation can provide some insight.

By God, that sounds vaguely familiar. Oh, right:


"WANTED: HERBERT SPENCER EXPERT [Jonah Goldberg]
I'm working on a chapter of the book which requires me to read a lot about and by Herbert Spencer. There's simply no way I can read all of it, nor do I really need to. But if there are any real experts on Spencer out there -- regardless of ideological affiliation -- I'd love to ask you a few questions in case I'm missing something.

Posted at 12:40 PM"

Jonah's working title is "Great Thinkers I Have Skimmed, or Dragging My Lazy Ass to the Computer One Mo' Time"

Steve Janke: Taking Jonah Goldberg hero worship to new and really, really disturbing extremes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh, doughy pantload, i lol'd, but i must admit i was fairly high at the time...