Saturday, September 09, 2006

Kounting is hard werk.


Touching. Seriously:

Five years after 9/11, human remains are still being found at the WTC site. It is a horrible thing to contemplate and clearly illustrates just how utterly evil and devastating this attack was.

Here are some figures:

* Of the 2,749 people who were killed that day, the remains of 1,150 haven't been found. Not a shard, a fleck or a fragment.

Although, it could have been a bit more touching:

Excluding the 19 hijackers, a confirmed 2,973 people died and another 24 remain listed as missing as a result of these attacks.

Canada's wankers: When you're pressed for time and all those big numbers start to look the same after a while, but it's the thought that counts, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all this talk about Steve Janke, I finaly decided I had to check this guy out.

Then I decided I had to check him out again, because if others keep getting such good mterial from him, I figured I must have missed something on my first passs.

It was work. Finally, in a comment from The Diggler, on his two-year stint teaching in provincial China, I fouond this gem — attributed his former Chinese neighbors:

"Canadians are worse than Americans because they're 'boring[!]'"

Biased sample?