Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hey, shit happens, right?


[Bonus idiocy below.]

As a demonstration of how he's just a fair-and-balanced kind of guy, Mike sucks it up and takes GOP Sen. George Allen to task for his recent racist comments since, as Mike writes, "I've attacked the left for various examples of racism they've displayed recently, so it's only fair I hold one of my own accountable to [sic], in order to be fair."

Good for you, Mike. So I can't wait to read what you have to say about this. Last time I looked, while those of us on the Left might make the occasional tacky or tasteless remark, we generally draw the line at assaulting people with pool cues, throwing them through glass doors and breaking their bones. It's just the way we are.

AND THE FUN NEVER ENDS
: Today's WaPo has a number of letters regarding Allen's racial insult, my favourite being this one in his defense from Sophia A. Nelson of Brambleton:

Mr. Allen is a good man who made a mistake in rendering someone's name wrong.

Sure. The young man's name is "Sidarth" and Allen referred to him as "Macaca." I make that mistake all the time, but normally it takes a few drinks.

JESUS CHRIST, is this kind of stupidity contagious? Do you get it from shaking hands at GOP conventions or something? Go read.

No comments: