Thursday, July 13, 2006

Jesus Christ ... can you even SPELL "irony?"


From the comments section over at Steve's place, we have commenter "None":

Ever noticed that when a liberal says something way out of line they then say its all a joke?

Um ... yeah. I wonder where we learned that trick.

OOOOOH ... BONUS
: Apparently, the light is finally starting to dawn:

Ann Coulter is no stranger to controversy, but her latest adventures have several newspapers questioning whether carrying her syndicated column is worth the trouble. The Shreveport (La.) Times is currently leaving the decision of whether or not to keep Coulter up to its readers. But the first newspaper to officially drop Coulter’s column since the latest uproar began seems to be The Gazette of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where she had appeared for about 14 months.

Opinion Page Editor Doug Neumann told E&P, “Our decision was made before the plagiarism allegations. It did come after the publication of [Coulter’s] book, but I would say it didn’t directly play any role on our decision.”

Which is as it should be. I was never overly impressed with the recent allegations of plagiarism. I mean, this is Ann Coulter we're talking about -- not exactly a bottomless pit of original punditry. It's more satisfying to see her get canned just for being a horrible human being, although replacing her with David Limbaugh doesn't exactly raise the intellectual temperature in the room, if you catch my drift.

P.S.
Sadly, even though I've made it clear that he's not welcome here and keep deleting his comments, Canada's "Embassy of Conservative Maturity" insists on leaving the same comment over and over on this post.

You keep using that word "maturity," Pete. I do not think it means what you think it means.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Speaking of Petes, the Pete who runs that pro-criminalization blog with some name like "On the Rag" or something is finally getting down to doing a little serious damage control regarding his Onion abortion post.
Evidently according to him, the Onion is actually only "99%" satire and his original post was attacking that elusive 1%.

Sadly, he states he has also had to delete all the comments to it because "It is often the case that one person ruins the fun of many isn't it?"
The "many" numbered in the thousands last time I looked in.

CC said...

You can't even feel annoyed with that guy, you can only feel sorry. On the other hand, if I was looking for someone to help me smuggle $45,000,000 (US) out of Nigeria after the tragic but suspicious death of my father in a plane crash, I know who'd I'd be dropping a note to.

riley dog said...

Do you want me to send Pete back to where he was?
Unemployed in Greenland!