Monday, March 06, 2006

That was then ... this is now.


This is almost impossible to believe:

Echoing Bush's own later explanation, Duffy said yesterday that the president in his now-famous Sept. 1 comment did not mean that no one had ever anticipated breaches of the levees that guard New Orleans from flooding. Instead, Duffy said, Bush meant only that after the storm's landfall, many people believed New Orleans had escaped its most powerful winds.

What can you say? Even the White House has finally given up defending the lie, and is now simply redefining it away. How utterly, utterly predictable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say what I mean and I mean... Damn. I mean what I say and that means....
Screw that, Believe me because I know what's best, and all my people will support me in that, cause they know I know that I know. God told me so.

Is this not a certified psychiatic syndrome? If so, that means the the most powerful nation in the world (for now) is being led by a certifiable instable individual and his synchophants.