Monday, March 13, 2006

Blogging Tory Short Takes: March 13, 2006.


Shorter dissonance and disrespect: "Torture and abuse is hilarious. You've been a great crowd, I'm here until Thursday."

Shorter Dust My Broom: "When I use the term 'moonbat,' it means exactly what I want it to mean."

Shorter Bill Strong: "My God, but I love meaningless symbolism!"

Shorter M. K. Braaten: "Me too, me too!"

Shorter Adam Daifallah: "Well, sure, when Bush did it, it was just a cheap, tawdry, taxpayer-funded, opportunistic photo op meant to distract everyone's attention from his problems back home. This is, like, totally different."

Shorter The Monarchist: "Sorry, what was today's talking point? Oh, right ..."

Shorter Canadian Christian Conservative: "As a born-again Christian redeemed by the shed blood of the risen and eternal Lord Jesus Christ, I just want to say, 'Piss off, you freaking moonbats! Do you hear me?! Just shut up and piss off!!'"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Dave said...

This is a great daily take. Keep up the good work and make sure you don't develop a hole in your hip-waders while you're out there digging up the good stuff.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Keep reading the Blogging Tories so I don't have to, or will at least know which BT to avoid. I've felt a little ashamed lately of being unwilling to go see what other perspectives on current issues might be, but who needs to spend time reading "Christian" Conservatives telling people to "shut up" and calling them "moonbats?"

Anonymous said...

I was kind of fascinated to learn that Pat Buchanan is now a leftist.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd appreciate it if you would print an excerpt of each blogpost you point to before giving your "shorter version". It would mean that a) I wouldn't help their traffic numbers by clicking through, and b) I could get the picture without having to clicky-clicky, like, 10 times.

Keep up the good work.

Loyalist said...

Thank you for the recognition.

If I only make this distinguished list once, it will still have been well worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Best series ever.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Thanks for taking one for the team and wading through the shallow end of the gene pool. I like to know what the tories are 'thinking' but having to actually read or listen to them for extended periods isn't good for my blood pressure. I guess I feel the same about reading right wing blogs as Jonah Goldberg does about research - I know it has to be done, I just don't want to be the one that does it.