Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Calling David Emerson: Here's your first job.


As Canada's new trade minister, the Honourable (and God, how I gag when I have to write that) David Emerson might want to tackle this:

Shortcomings in aid from the U.S. government are making New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin look to other nations for help in rebuilding his hurricane-damaged city.

Nagin, who has hosted a steady stream of foreign dignitaries since Hurricane Katrina hit in late August, says he may seek international assistance because U.S. aid has not been sufficient to get the city back on its feet.

Hey, Ray! We have plenty of softwood lumber up here that might help, if you folks stopped being such freaking pricks about it. Know what I mean?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll cheerfully send lots and lots of softwood lumber down there - for free in fact - after it's gone through my wood chipper. (hey - can't raise % levys on $0, can you?)