Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm outta here.


There comes a point when the benefits of being a member of the Progressive Bloggers don't make up for the downside, and I think I've reached that point.

Putting up with Ms. Jones' whining about my use of the word "bitch" was annoying, but only moderately so, and I could have lived with that. But the fact that one Paul Vincent is also a member of PB.ca just cheapens my membership intolerably.

As I've already noted, Mr. Vincent is one annoyed little progressive, taking me to task for calling him on his unabashed fondness for Intelligent Design. In defending himself, Vincent spews the most inane, anti-scientific nonsense imaginable, such as:

Evolutionary theorists have been baffled by the eye ball. To say they are not is to be less than legitimate.

Yeah, those poor evolutionary theorists, just plain scratching their heads over that one. And he doesn't even stop there:

If Darwinism is true and we all evolved from protein strains then how can the eye ball exist. Organs we have been able to track through the species we have now. But the eye ball, that is a mystery. At what point does something without eyes suddenly have them.

Enough already! I expect this sort of pathetic ignorance from local preachers, or perhaps school board members. I don't expect it from a member of the Progressive Bloggers, who I normally assume have at least a rudimentary education in basic science.

In any event, I'm not taking any chances on being tainted, even indirectly, by Mr. Vincent's membership in PB. When the Intelligent Designers start moving in, it's time for me to move out. I'm sure Scott can cancel grabbing my RSS feed in short order, and that should be that.

If you want me, you know where to find me. That would be not hanging out with the creationists.

OUCH! When PZ Myers smacks you, you know you've been smacked. Man, that's gonna leave a mark.

11 comments:

Mike said...

No CC, don't go! Please!

Damn it now I have to blog roll you separately.

Mike said...

Don't let a 21-year-old punk drive you out. There are some of us defending you and slapping that idiot down.

Don't go, join in the fun.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think this is a tad reactionary on your part? You are the only prog blogger with some serious cojones, don't leave.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you leave a "forwarding address". Reading your blog provides some of the few bright moments of my day!

And there is really no use trying to make sense with religious fuckwads: they have suspended most logical mental activity and seem to thrive on the regurgitation of bullshit.

RP. said...

I don't think you were soliciting "oh noes please don't goes," so I'll not give you any.

I will say that I also find there's a lot I don't like on PB. Sometimes it comes from you! (and good on ya, if you're not offending people sometimes you're probably not saying what you really feel).

My attitude to the worst, though, is, So what, pay no mind.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of 'progressive' bloggers, I wonder what Paul and Polly would make of this:

http://rickmercer.blogspot.com/2005/12/children-are-future-but-beer-is-now.html

Derek Richards said...

Consciousness creates the visible universe. Thoughts are attractor feilds (blueprints) for matter.

Read as much as you about quantum physics and Non-linear dynamics, this is the Sciences attempt at understanding what is clearly an intelligent design and not an accidental grouping of matter.

If you stick around I'll be posting many interesting observations that are quite obvious and bring the evolutionists and creationists in to the same camp.

CC said...

Mr. Richards writes:

Consciousness creates the visible universe. Thoughts are attractor feilds (blueprints) for matter...

Oh, man, did you pick the wrong blog for that kind of pseudo-scientific gibberish.

Readers, feel free.

Anonymous said...

The single most prominent characteristic of a human is the unequalled self-righteous arrogance that he/she is the reason everything else exists.

An example: 'If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody (human) is there, does it make a noise?' Marvel at the unbelievable self-importance which could lead one to seriously contemplate this question.

"Consciousness creates the visible universe. Thoughts are attractor feilds (blueprints) for matter."

... fucking moronic snob

Alison said...

"If you stick around I'll be posting many interesting observations that are quite obvious..."

That's really funny, Raveen.

Anonymous said...

so stop your whining, take your marbles and play someplace else.

if you are not self-confident enough to play in a sandbox where everyone does not bow to your point of view then perhaps PB is not for you.

sorry but remind me howmany times you have threatened to leave? like so many aborted suicide attempts.. would you just get it over with.