Saturday, January 07, 2006

Creationists and critical thinking: Nope, not a good combination.


Don't you just hate it when scientific illiterates still learn enough about how to use a keyboard to leave bone-headed comments on your blog? Me too. Like in the comments section back here where, referring to creationist nutbar Kent "Dr. Dino" Hovind and his $250,000 offer to anyone offering "proof" of evolution, commenter "Anonymous" writes:

So has anyone come forward to claim the money yet? No? Didn't think so.

Hmmmm ... how best to respond? Well, there's this FAQ article over at TalkOrigins that exposes Hovind for the dishonest weasel that he is. Or, perhaps, we can use an analogy.

I, CC, promise to pay one million dollars to anyone who can furnish me with any evidence whatsoever for the existence of God. I will act as sole judge of the validity of said evidence, and I will have the right to reject any and all submitted evidence with no explanation whatever.

I'm betting that, under those terms, I'll still have my money a year from now, too.

No comments: