Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Progressive Bloggers: Can you really have too much of a good thing?


Just in the last couple of days, I was thinking about something I wasn't planning on actually putting to paper, but this post over at pogge.ca inspired me to mention it. Either good or bad timing, depending on how you look at it.

pogge writes:

I've cut the Progressive Bloggers back to just the logo on the sidebar. It's not that I don't love them anymore but that sidebar was getting so long it was breaking at the bottom of the page. They're victims of their own success ...

Precisely. At last count, there are now 186 (count 'em, 186!) members of PB.ca, which inspires the question: Is there a point at which there are simply too many members? Can the message be drowned under the sheer number of affiliates and number of posts?

At the moment, I'm not taking a position one way or the other, I'm just curious as to what others might think.

2 comments:

Tyler King said...

I'm a newbie to Progressive Bloggers - and immediately upon putting it on the side I was amazed at how many there were - I was more amazed that there were actually quite a few that haven't been updated in a long while.

I think they just need to prune some of the Blogs that aren't updated anymore and they'll be fine.

EUGENE PLAWIUK said...

Wow no wonder my list keeps growing in my sidebar, which is why I post it last. Luckily I am so long winded that it never grows past my postings, yet.