Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I see a really ugly trend here.


What is it with conservative women and makeup? Did their parents never caution them against looking like cheap hookers? I mean, really, there's the classic Tammy Faye model:




Then there's the Katherine Harris, election-stealing model 2000:




And, finally, could you keep a straight face arguing a case before a Supreme Court with this as a sitting member?




OK, now I'm throughly creeped out. That was so not the post for this early in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shocked, shocked I am that you would join this little bandwagon criticizing Ms. Meirs. Women wear makeup because it makes us feel pretty; we do it for ourselves and our own self esteem.
Really we should be tearing apart this woman for her potential judgements. I hear she's an Evangelical Christian, which is scary in and of itself, and the fact that she is an ideal Bush crony scares me far more than bad 80's style makeup.

CC said...

I don't know. Evangelical Christians might bug me, but this is the sort of thing that causes you to wake up in the middle of the night with the cold sweats.