Saturday, April 09, 2005

When liberals finally lose patience with media assholes.


A lot of left-wing bloggers are crowing over liberal Paul Begala's alleged bitch slap of CNN's odious hack Wolf Blitzer over here, where Blitzer questions whether Begala is a good Catholic, and Begala takes appropriate offense:

BLITZER: While they were united today in mourning the death of the pope, U.S. Catholics are a diverse group, as illustrated by two of our Crossfire co-hosts, the conservative Robert Novak, the liberal Paul Begala. Both good Catholics -- I don't know "good" Catholics, but both Catholics. I'm sure Bob is a good Catholic, I'm not so sure about Paul Begala.

BEGALA: Well, now, who are you to pass moral judgment on my religion, Mr. Blitzer? My goodness gracious.

BLITZER: All right, go ahead, go ahead.

BEGALA: On the day of my Holy Father's funeral. My eldest son is named John Paul, after the Pope.

Jesus fucking Christ, how offensive can Blitzer be? He's insulting someone's faith on national TV! And if that's not outrageous enough, he has the nerve to refer to Bob Novak -- I mean, Bob Goddamn Novak, the man who outed a covert CIA operative -- as a "good" Catholic, then openly wonders about Begala!

And even after Begala goes after him for it, he's still too fucking stupid to know what kind of dickhead he's being because he does it again:

BLITZER: So you are a good Catholic?

BEGALA: I'm serious, that annoys me. I don't think anybody should presume that a liberal is not a good Catholic.

And might Blitzer finally clue in to what kind of utter asshole he's being? Fuck, no! Shortly thereafter, he tries to pass it all off as a joke, and finds yet another way to insult Begala, suggesting it's just Begala that's too "sensitive":

BLITZER: I was certainly not questioning -- I was only teasing.

BEGALA: Okay.

BLITZER: Don't be so sensitive.

And everyone's all hepped up about how Begala lowered the boom on Blitzer. Truth is, he did no such thing -- that was about as lame a comeback as you can imagine. What a shame Begala didn't just lay into Blitzer, and rip him a new orifice or two, maybe like this:

BLITZER: While they were united today in mourning the death of the pope, U.S. Catholics are a diverse group, as illustrated by two of our Crossfire co-hosts, the conservative Robert Novak, the liberal Paul Begala. Both good Catholics -- I don't know "good" Catholics, but both Catholics. I'm sure Bob is a good Catholic, I'm not so sure about Paul Begala.

BEGALA: Excuse me, Wolf? Did I hear you right? On one of the most emotional days for people of my faith in history, did you just insult my religious beliefs? What the fuck kind of total asshole are you?! Where do you get off taking that kind of bullshit, cheap shot at me, you little cocksucker? On national TV, you call Bob Novak a "good Catholic"? Hey, I didn't endanger our country's security by outing a fucking secret CIA operative, did I, you little pissant. I want an apology out of you, and I want it right now or I'm going to come hunt you down and kick the living shit out of you for being such a condescending prick. I mean, fuck, but you really are an asshole, aren't you?

Now that would have been a good comeback.

No comments: