Tuesday, March 22, 2005

When bad hyperbole attacks.


From over here at My Blahg, Robert reports on the occasional right-wing loon, getting just a bit carried away, hyperbole-wise, in ranting about Canadian doctor and ardent pro-choice defender Henry Morgentaler receiving an honorary degree at the University of Western Ontario:

I think it's an absolute scandal that they could do such a thing. As far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest mass murderer in Canadian history.

Hmmmmm. You know, when it comes to mass murder, there's always someone else that leaps to mind:

The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. Take with you seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

Which, I'm assuming, would include all child-bearing women and their fetuses. I'm thinking that, when it comes to mass murder of unborn children, Dr. Morgentaler has some pretty stiff competition.

No comments: