Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Ready for that debate.


Having ignored every challenge for a debate until now, after having followed the utter silliness over here regarding right-wing dingbat and nutbar Ann Coulter and her position that Canada sent troops to Vietnam, I am now ready to debate. I even have the resolution for that debate: "Canada sent troops to Vietnam."


I, being a member of the reality-based community and actually, um, knowing the facts, will naturally take the position that Canada did not send troops to Vietnam. You, my right-wing opponent and most likely an unabashed groupie of Ann Coulter who believes she is the closest thing to God you are ever likely to run across, will take the position that Canada did send troops to Vietnam.

In fact, given that my carefully-planned strategy for the debate will consist solely of, at appropriate moments, standing up and saying, "No, you're wrong," there appears to be little need for me to actually appear or participate. Instead, my place in the debate can easily be taken by anyone who has enough of a sense of timing to say, "No, you're wrong" at the right moments, with my final summation consisting of standing up and saying, "No, really, you're wrong."

Finally, you have my permission to videotape the debate. If you do, by all means, send me a copy. I'd love to see how it turns out.

No comments: