Thursday, February 10, 2005

"Jeff Gannon", in a nutsack. Uh, nutshell. I meant nutshell.


Confused about this whole "Jeff Gannon" thing? No sweat. The NY Daily News boils it down to its essence. I'm pretty sure I'm not done with this yet.

BONUS TRACK: Nice overview on this over at DailyKos, where he provides several links.

DOUBLE BONUS TRACK: Oh, my, this is just so adorable. An excerpt from the Boston Globe article linked to from Kos:

Kelly McBride, who teaches media ethics at the Poynter Institute, said the investigation of Gannon's personal life crossed traditional boundaries and was characterized by ''mean-spiritedness and snarkiness."

''Those are not tactics you would see practiced in most traditional newsrooms," McBride said.

Awwwww ... did somebody's widdle feelings get all hurt? Yeah, it's really pretty mean-spirited and snarky to dig into someone's personal life, isn't it? I mean, that sort of thing would be just awful.

Somehow, the word "asshole" doesn't begin to do justice to McBride. Give me time -- I'll come up with something.

No comments: