Friday, January 14, 2005

My, but Mr. Gatsby is a persistent little tyke, isn't he?


So ... let me get this straight: Mr. Gatsby starts loading my blog full of identical comments, totally unrelated to my most recent articles, and he accuses me of being immature? Please tell me you appreciate the irony.

Sadly, because of his childishness, I've turned off comments for the time being. But it shouldn't be for long, as I've registered a formal complaint against Mr. Gatsby with blogger.com. I've left his last few comments in there as proof -- the "smoking gun" as it were -- of his program of harassment. Now, we can all just sit back and see what sort of smackdown he gets from the powers-that-be.

I'll keep y'all posted. This should be fun.

ADDITIONAL MUSINGS:

By the way, remember that recent expression, "too dumb to know how dumb they are"? When I filed my formal complaint against Mr. Gatsby, I wanted to leave no doubt that he intended to keep up this program of harassment. And how did I do that, you ask? Why, I simply pointed the folks at the most recent posting on his blog, in which he writes:

Needless to say, I will be posting this message, and many others, on “A View from the North” until Mr. CC either accepts my live debate or allows the truth to be spoken.

Now, perhaps it's just me, but if I was about to abuse my blog privileges and almost certainly violate my acceptable usage contract with my blog host, the last thing I'd do is advertise my intentions on the front page of my blog. If you get my drift.

No comments: