Thursday, January 27, 2005

Mr. McHue plays the field, and whether comments are worth the trouble.


Just having fun with Google yesterday, and I ran across
this. Hard to believe, isn't it, that our very own Jinx McHue could make such a complete prat of himself on more than one site. Personally, I'm hurt -- I was kind of hoping that he was my very own personal, right-wing chew toy. Ah, but loyalties can be so fleeting. Bummer.

Mr. Duff, however, does write some thought-provoking stuff, though, like this piece, whose relevance I'm sure you can all appreciate. Food for thought.

IRRESISTIBLE UPDATE: I fought this -- truly, I did -- but, finally, I have to draw your attention to the Wonkette-bashing article on McHue's website where, down in update four, we read
:

You can't say they weren't warned. I've cleaned out the vulgar, trollish comments and banned those responsible.

"Banned"? "Banned", you say? My word, this can't be the same Jinx McHue who, only recently, was so adamantly defending the notion of free speech, could it? I'm shocked, shocked, that McHue insists on wandering over here on a regular basis, dumping his insulting, right-wing swill all over my blog, and yet apparently denies some of his critics the same freedom over there. Gosh, if I wasn't feeling so charitable, I'd suggest that McHue was a complete hypocrite.

Fish. Barrel. Boom.

3 comments:

Jay McHue said...

"Banned"? "Banned", you say? My word, this can't be the same Jinx McHue who, only recently, was so adamantly defending the notion of free speech, could it? I'm shocked, shocked, that McHue insists on wandering over here on a regular basis, dumping his insulting, right-wing swill all over my blog, and yet apparently denies some of his critics the same freedom over there. Gosh, if I wasn't feeling so charitable, I'd suggest that McHue was a complete hypocrite.

Fish. Barrel. Boom.
It's very simple, simpleton. My blog. My rules. Don't follow them? Expect consequences. It's the same as if you entered my home and started spouting off obscenities.

Besides, the comments I deleted and the posters I banned offered nothing but obscenities. Posters who actually offered something worth responding to but used an obscenity or two had their comments editted only to remove the obscenities and the posters were not banned.

You know, if you don't like my "insulting, right-wing swill" and prefer only to have your vulgar, left-wing offal, then edit out my posts and ban me (I don't remember if that can be done with the base Blogger comments, though). It's your site and that's your perogative.

Nice attempt at once again falsely painting me as a hypocrite, though. Too bad the fish you're shooting at are fake and the barrel is imaginary.

Anonymous said...

that's "PREROGATIVE" you idiot.

CC this last few weeks of your blog is getting tedious. takes too much time and effort to read the typo's, misspelled words, poorly crafted sentences; and that doesn't even take the ridiculous sentiments hurled from mchue and gatsby. it just ain't worth the brain power to slug through it any longer.
- on the remote chance the spamming stops, i will check in from time to time. i miss the intelligent repartee, rants (sans gatsby/mchue), and overall cynical pov's.
i just need a break so, signing out from california...

Jay McHue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.